Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pandora's Box

Yikes, I think I've opened Pandora's box. I saw my RA doctor today for a semi-annual meet-n-greet. He asked how I was doing and I told him other than my aching knees that I was fine. He said that if you were to look at my blood work, you would never know I had RA so the Orencia is working miracles. But, then he said next month he wants to do a bone density scan (no big deal) and have x-rays of my knees and then 'we'll talk about it.' Crap - I don't want to see what my knees look like, I don't want to hear what my knees look like and I don't want to be told I need to do something about it. I'm not ready to face that monster. I'm not going to be in a good mood after my July's infusion!

I have the rest of this week off. I want to take Emily to her summer movie, Night at the Museum (even though I've seen it already!) I'm waiting for a return email from her parents. Other than that, my plan is to read my Demons and Angels book. I was hoping to see the movie after I finished the book but it looks like the movie is pretty much leaving local theatres Friday and I don't think I'll have the book done by then. Guess I'll have to wait till the DVD hits in the fall.

I'm back on the Weight Watchers diet. Not fun. I had a headache Monday, a headache yesterday and a headache today, though today's went away on it's own. I've lost about 7 pounds but those were the easier just-added pounds. I've a long way to go and four months to get there! And I'll be arriving hungry!

No comments: