Friday, June 5, 2009

Disneyitis

Looks like I'm heading back to Disney... this year! Shawn wants to go (he hasn't been in four years) and his parents are in (and I'm ALWAYS in!) so we're going to go in October. He's talking about going for a whole week! Never been there that long - we can do things a bit slower. We will stay at the Value resort I took the girls to so we can save some money ($400). We are both very excited - we've been watching old home movies of our past trips and they just manage to get us hyped!

In preparation, I have returned to the Weight Watcher diet. Not going to the meetings - way too much money for my pocket! But I know how to do it and I know it works. I have actually lost 5 pounds (the easy just-put-on 5 pounds but...!) I've made a list of rewards as I go. Every 5 pounds I reward myself with something. This first one gets me two bottles of nailpolish. Nothing big but it will help me stick to it. I had two slices of pizza at the office today (I was starved and the manager was buying!) but I avoided the chocolate-chip cookie AND stayed within my daily points. Something just clicked last week-end and I realized I was ready to do it again. I am NOT going to be fat at Disney! (And it should get me off the blood pressure pills which is more important.)

Still missing Myster. I checked the pound today and there was a cat that looked a lot like him but I didn't see the splash of undercoat on the back (like Myster has) and it's arrival date was before Myster dashed off. I did the Rabbit-Rabbit wish this month and my wish was for him to come home safe and sound by the end of the month. And I remembered to say it the night before and the morning after before saying another word. If that wish works, he will be home in a few weeks. I still continue to ask St. Francis to watch over him.

No comments: