Saturday, August 1, 2009

Narnia!

I took the girls to Union Station today. We went through the Narnia exhibit and Science City, then crossed over to Crown Center where we had dinner at Fritz's (I think), where the food is served by model trains. We had a real grand time, the girls loved every second of it, it wasn't too expensive ($100 for everything - tickets, food, souvenirs and gas) and we all walked (or limped!) away totally spent and happy. It was nice to be able to treat them to such a day.

I found out they are about to lose cable (again) so instead of enrolling Felicia in the Leavenworth virtual school program, they are 'creating their own curriculum' again. I don't understand how parents who love their child could set her up for a miserable life. She will never pass a GED (which she will need to take if she doesn't graduate from an accredited school), she will convince herself she doesn't need any type of diploma, and she will end up living her mother's life. How can you do that to a child you love and care about? I don't understand it. I will continue to put away in her 529 plan but don't expect her to ever have need for it. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed, angry, shocked, appalled, etc I am over Susanna. Krissy is only 4 so there are many years left of my having to deal with my sister if I want to maintain a relationship with my nieces, but once Krissy has been destroyed, I will have no more contact with Susanna. I truly am finished with her.

No comments: