Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fab Dream - No So Much Fab Reality

So I had a wonderful dream last night about Shawn. I had to choose between him and some 'shadow' guy that wanted me. I realized it was no contest. So I am dressed in white, waiting on the deck of a boat (?) hoping Shawn will come for me. And he does, dressed in a white naval uniform. He doesn't say anything, just grabs me and gives me a very passionate kiss. It was a great dream and when I woke up, I just wanted that feeling of being loved by him to continue. So as I showered, I decided I was going to give him a passionate morning kiss (he was already downstairs) and treat him to an afternoon movie. I got dressed, fixed my hair and makeup and went downstairs.... where I was greeted with 'I found a pee stain on the carpet, those kittens knocked over a plant and made a mess, you need to find the paint for the bathroom and touch up an area, the cat waterdish can't stay in the bathroom, and the basement is a mess.' No good morning, much less a good morning kiss, passionate or otherwise. I just hightailed it to the basement where I spent an hour cleaning up the scrapbook mess we made (it's SCRAPbook; there are going to be scraps of paper!) By the time I was done, my makeup was smeared, my hair was in disarray and my dream of Shawn was long gone. Within three minutes of my going downstairs, he had set the tone for the day - and it wasn't sounding good. So instead of a fun rainy day with my husband, I will be hiding in the basement or the bedroom or here on the computer until he goes to play poker. I knew I should have just stayed in bed.

No comments: