Sunday, August 9, 2009

Older in Lawrence

Shawn and I went to Lawrence this afternoon. I have gotten older and everyone in Lawrence has gotten younger. I could barely manage to walk Massachusetts Street. Some of it was the heat (95) but most of it was my physical condition. I can't do this anymore. I have got to get it together. There's no way I'm going to make it through Disney World in this shape, and we leave in two months. I have made the commitment to hit the gym every day until we go, slowly working my way up on the time spent on the treadmill. I realize the prednisone will aid in my vacation, but it can't do it all. I have to get off 10 pounds and get in some semblance of shape before we get on the plane. The trip is going to cost way too much to not be able to enjoy it and keep up with everyone. I can't believe I've allowed myself to get this bad. I am serious - I am in bad shape. BAD SHAPE!

No comments: