Thursday, August 27, 2009

Disney Training

So, I've gone into training for my Disney trip. A few days ago Shawn and I went walking somewhere and I almost didn't make it - and it wasn't a long walk. I realized that even with the help of prednisone, I was going to have a hard time of it in Disney. So I decided to go into training. With about seven weeks, I should be able to build my stamina a bit. I put eight activities into a bag (walk around the neighborhood, longer walk around the neighborhood, longest walk around the neighborhood, walk through the non-existence strip mall, two trips to the gym, two 20-minute walks on the treadmill at home, an aerobic DVD and a 'break day') and every day I pull an activity to do. It's only Day 4 but I've done it every day this week. It's a start. So, with a seven-week training program (which also includes stretching at Noon), and prednisone, I might actually survive the trip (physically).

I got my hair chopped off last week - chopped and colored. It's way shorter than I wanted (and the idiot layered it! You don't layer curly hair!!) and much darker than I wanted (not the color we had agreed on!) I don't know if I like it enough. The cut is OK but the color is throwing me every time I look in the mirror. Maybe I just need to adjust. It should grow out enough by May so I can have it trimmed up and colored lighter - before we head to Greece. One thing is for sure; I won't have to try to remember what Disney trip I was on while looking at these pictures. 'Oh, yeah, that was the year I chopped off my hair and colored it brownish-red!'

No comments: