Monday, September 7, 2009

Lots of News

Shawn let Larry Bird out the front door. He promptly disappeared. Breaks my heart to have lost another one, and so young. He can't fend for himself so he's either dead or has been taken in by a kind soul. I'm hoping for the kind soul.

Ana has been removed permanently from the home. One down - three to go before Kathey is free of her parental responsibility. She's apparently honed in on Alex next - had him arrested for assault last week. What did he do, hit his brother? And instead of being a parent, Kathey was a 'concerned citizen' and called police to deal with it. Interestingly, Ana and Alex have the same birth father and are more ethnic-looking than Andrea and Miguel. Kathey has a prejudice among the kids. After Alex is locked away, Andrea better start packing her bags as I'm sure she'll be next. Tom keeps asking for prayers for his family. I can only pray for the kids, that they survive their childhoods and enter adulthood still able to dream and plan. Screw the 'family' thing.

Took Susanna's girls to the Renaissance on Saturday and spent a bundle. But they had fun (as did I) so it was worth it. I won't see them again until next month so that's all good. Once a month works for me.

Yesterday Shawn and I went to the KC Zoo and walked the whole thing! I was ready to die at the end and Shawn hadn't even noticed the distance. I was also sweating like a sweathog while Shawn didn't break a sweat at all. So unfair. He looked cool as a cucumber and I looked like I had just been dragged out of the creek! But it was an enjoyable day all the same.

No comments: