Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sad Week

This has been a sad week. It started off with my having to write a letter to the father of a 22 year-old soldier who was killed in Afghanistan last month. Then Tony wrote that Uncle Pard had fallen over the week-end and is now in ICU. At 92, Tony doubts his father will ever get out of the hospital, and if he does, he will have to go to an assisted living situation. He'll never go home again.

Then we got word that the 25 year-old daughter of one of our (very nice) directors died of a brain tumor. Then Felicia called me this afternoon distraught over her kitten, Spazz, who died last night. She said he had started to limp a few days ago - ring any bells? Just like Cujo. Apparently the poor thing died of kidney failure. Felicia is totally heartbroken. I understand. We went looking for some marker for the burial site but couldn't find any. We ended up ordering something online.

Then I got a note in the mail from Aunt Bobbie with a certificate stating she had purchased a memorial brick in my mother's name for placement around the Leavenworth Carousal. When I got that, I just sat down and cried for a bit. Too many losses this week - too many losses.

No comments: