Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Eve's Eve

Two nights before Christmas and again waiting for snow - yuck. I guess I should be grateful that the accumulation isn't suppose to even compare to last year's record-breaker but still; I am all for a green Christmas any year!

Uncle Pard passed away last week. At 93, it wasn't unexpected but still very sad. An end to that generation of Hunts. We have one more Sexton from then, Uncle Jim. That's it. That generation is very nearly gone. It makes me want to research and record the family history all that much more. After an appropriate time, I will contact Tony to see what kind of additional information he can share about the family tree. I really want to include something in my Family Scrapbook.

Speaking of family, I guess Dan is expecting his next assignment to be Fort Leavenworth! It will be cool having him and his family here for a year and I can spoil the girls without fear of running out of currency (like I had in Greece). I suppose they will be moving here next August (if all goes according to plan and he really does get assigned here - there's a slight possibility he won't).

2011 is just around the corner. I was telling Shawn that I think it's going to be an expensive year. With the cruise/WDW vacation and the window replacement and possibly start on the basement next winter - well, can you say 'second job'? Especially since I'm sure I won't be seeing any substantial raise in the future. ACI is getting greedy (or maybe it's Stowers Institute that's sucking all the profits out). Well, I just might look for a second job next spring.

If I don't log in tomorrow, Merry Christmas!

No comments: