Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom

Today Mom would have been 74. I can't imagine her being that old. I managed to get my 10-hour work day done by 4:00, got to the store for flowers and took them to the cemetery. I left flowers for the Hunt grandparents, flowers for the Santa grandparents and flowers for MY parents. It was the first time I had been there since Dad passed; it was surreal to see a death date for him on the tombstone. Green grass is just starting to cover the dirt. Needless to say, I cried all the way home. I really am getting tired of crying all the time!

I also bought some little things to send Mykenzie and Lindsey with their Christmas ornaments. It's a challenge to find non-chocolate Christmas candies! I wonder how long it takes to ship something to Greece. I will probably be getting the package in the mail in the next week or so. I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week; I have no holiday spirit at all. I would love to just kind of skip the holidays this year. But if I did that, I might never find it again.

I need a German side dish recipe. The in-laws are hosting a German Fest the Saturday after Thanksgiving. All the Germans seem to eat is brats, sauerkraut. and potatoes. Did I mention I located my sole German ancestor? She was on Dad's mother's side, the Reick side. I knew I had a drop in me somewhere! Maybe that one drop of German will help me find a unique recipe!

No comments: