Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Holidays Begin

Got thru Thanksgiving. We had Charlie and Dan join us for the traditional meal and Tom and his clan came over for pie later in the afternoon. It was nice hanging with Charlie. Although he lost his job a few weeks back, he seemed in good spirits. Maybe not having the money to blow, he might actually cut back on his drinking nights?

Next up is Christmas. I have yet to find the spirit and am seriously contemplating not messing with decorations or lights. Why bother when I do all the work (putting up and taking down) and no one really seems to notice or appreciate them? Maybe I'll find the spirit this week-end - if not, the house won't be getting lights for sure.

I have yet to find a nutcracker ornament for Allyson (I have all the rest), a gift for Gayle, maybe one more something for Charlie and anything for Shawn. He's impossible. I have a tee-shirt ordered from Disney.com. I think that's all I have for him. I know I need to get cologne. Oh, I have a UV wand ordered, too. That's it. I am totally stumped. Maybe I can put together a New Years Eve package - that's a good idea. Hmmm. I have Thursday and Friday off and hope to find some gifts (and some spirit) then. Fingers crossed!

Breezy had a scare Sunday-she woke up to find her arm numb and unable to speak. She was rushed to the hospital where she was admitted to ICU as she was showing signs of a stroke. Long story short - it was a form of a migraine. Had a bunch of folks scared for her.

No comments: