Sunday, November 6, 2011

Back To Work



Sabbatical is over and I'm back at work. Not much changed over the four weeks I was gone - guess that's a good thing. Means I have a job to return to!

My Disney trip was fabulous! The cruise I would recommend to anyone - though I'm not too sure I will become a 'cruiser', needing to hit the open seas every two years. The Parks were also fabulous - and I am DEFINITELY a Disney-eer. If I get to take the girls, I'll be back at the Parks next year - otherwise, probably not for another (gulp) four years. That might be hard, but there are so many other places I want to go. Seems silly to keep returning to the Parks rather than branching out. Hope I can make it that long!!

I came back to a new niece - Piper Shae Hunt was born the day I was transitioning from the cruise to the Parks (October 23rd). She is a beautiful baby and looks just like all the other beautiful baby Hunts. Scary thing is they want me to take her overnight in a few weeks so Breezy can go to a Pirate thing with George. Gulp. Shawn won't be happy - and I may ask Andrea if she wants to come over and help. I can handle the baby but I also need my beauty rest! I've never had a baby overnight before!

We spent the week-end cleaning out Mom and Dad's house. Pretty much everything we didn't take with us went in to the trash dumpster. It was emotionally hard - I couldn't be there when John and his boys took a sledge hammer to Mom's piano; neither could Dan apparently. Every time I tossed out a glass or a knick knack I wanted to cry. While I was standing out in the front yard looking at the pieces of piano, I quietly apologized to Mom for what we were doing. And a yellow butterfly flew near and landed on a flower. I've always associated yellow butterflies with Mom. It was like she was telling me she understood and it was alright. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. Between myself, John and Tom, we managed to incorporate a lot of the stuff in to our own homes so that helped. My basement is now full of Hunt House! The day the house sells will be very hard - I'll probably cry and get drunk. Losing your parents is unbelievably hard.

No comments: