Monday, December 5, 2011

Count Down

So, we are mere weeks away from a New Year. Wonder what it will bring. I have always found the celebration of a new year a bit odd - for all you know, you are celebrating the year in which you will die. How cheery is that? Even if it's not the year of your demise, you are still celebrating moving closer to your end of days. Hooray, I am a year closer to my death! Let us drink champaigne and celebrate! But celebrate we do; even I try to stay up till midnight if only to offer the simple prayer, "Please, Lord Jesus, let me make something of this new year."

I have the Christmas lights on the house - actually, George came by and put the Christmas lights up. That's as far as I've gotten with the holiday decorating. I have the rest of the week off so hopefully I'll have a tree up and garland draped across the fireplace and down the banister by the end of it. I've started one of my famous To Do lists - this one for Christmas. Decorate, address Christmas cards, wrap gifts, mail packages.... I am seriously going to skip Christmas one year. But not this year.

No comments: