Monday, July 25, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust

After getting dismal results with the recent employee survey, my manager was fired today. Four kids. Wow - did not see that one coming. We are now under the management of Angela Johnson and her current team and will be moving back to the AS side of the business (where we should have been all along). Apparently Janet will be moving to LRC (thank God for little favors!) so I guess Kathy will be handling the editor job on her own (as it should have been). That should open up opportunities for the rest of us to contribute more than letters as Kathy will need some help. Now if we can just hold on to our jobs - things are always changing at ACI.

I went to the orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Bruce, this morning for X-rays and a year-out check. The knee is perfect - 0 degree extended (which is perfect - fully extended) and 125 degree bend, which isn't perfect but actually better than the left knee. I am suppose to go back in two years to make sure the implant is holding well. Hopefully I will remember that!

I think I'm going to go see Harry Potter again this afternoon. I have the day off and it's been eventful so I might as well do something other than sit in front of the TV.

No comments: