Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vacation News

Back from the mountains of Colorado with John and his family. Had a great time, though I felt like a third wheel when their friend, Dan, and his girlfriend, April, showed up. I was kind of out of the loop after their arrival. Oh, well, can't complain too much. The whole vacation cost me about $300. Not bad.

Next week we have to pay for our Disney trip - somewhere I'm going to have to come up with $1,600 or so. Guess I'll be pretty much cleaning out my Vacation Savings account. I think my planned trips next year are going to have to be put on hold - and I'm going to need to take a second job to get my credit debt down faster. I've been treading water for several years and am now drowning. Cost of living has gone up much faster than my paycheck and there's not a lot I can cut out without it affecting Shawn. He works too hard to have to give up cable because of my overspending. So, my only solution is to earn more money, which means taking a second job and working all the overtime I can get. Fun.

No comments: