Sunday, February 13, 2011

Putt-Putt

I had a fun afternoon yesterday. I picked up Susanna's girls and we headed to Tom's where I dropped off Valentine treats for the kids and picked up Tom, Andrea and Alex. We all headed to the indoor Putt-Putt golf where we had a fabulous time laughing and swinging the golf clubs (Tom, appropriately enough, came in first). Then it was off to Applebees where we all stuffed ourselves. A very pleasant afternoon that cost me about $150. (And that is why I don't do that very often!!) I had challenged the kids that I would pay $10 for a hole-in-one; and Felicia got one! That amazed all of us (including Felicia!)

I think Charlie and I are taking the girls to Manitou Springs this July! If Charlie can go, and is willing to cover half the cost, then I can afford the trip. If he can't go, then we won't. If it becomes a 'go', I will let John and Tom know and they can decide if they want to join us with their families. It could be a fun week!

Got Devin's wedding date, also in July (but a different week-end). Wendy thinks it's an 11:00 wedding at the fort chapel. So that whole day will be busy (if they have a reception). I might look into paying for the bride's bouquet - that might become my 'thing' for marrying kids. And I asked Wendy to let me know where they end up registering so I can get them something they want. I can't believe little Devin is getting married - I think he's a little young (will just be 23) but it's his life, not mine. The Weissenbachs tend to marry young (except MY Weissenbach). I just can't help but think of all the things Devin is giving up - hanging with the guys at bars trying out pick-up lines, running off to Vegas for a week-end of debauchery, eating pizza for breakfast and beer for dinner. He's giving it all up - and he doesn't even know it. All to be a husband and father in the next two years (I'm sure). Not what I would have chosen for him but I know it's what his family would have picked. Oh, well. I'm only the Aunt-in-law.

No comments: