Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Doe A Deer


So, a few nights ago I looked out the front window at 3 a.m. to see if Mo Mo was home. He wasn't but, to my surprise, eight deer were! Grazing across the street, I sat in the dark and watched them wander over to my front yard. Eight deer! I couldn't believe my eyes! I heard Shawn moving around upstairs so I went up and dragged him down to see for himself. He was in awe. We watched as they roamed around the yard and eventually wandered east back to the wooded area they must have come from.

Later, Cujo Kitten came to visit me in my dreams. It was her first visit and she was in the front yard with a pacifier of all things. She was more tossing it around than sucking on it and she eventually tossed it aside, ran over to the front door where she played leapfrog with Tucker and then just ran around the yard. She was very happy - I knew she was very happy. All my loved ones have come to tell me they are happy. I woke up happy for the visit but missing her terribly.

Yesterday I had the honor of taking Emily to the St. Mary's Lincoln Lecture where she was presented with a certificate for first place in an art contest, entered by all the school children in Leavenworth. She won for best portrait of the president. She also got $25 and asked if I would take her to the store to buy something. Knowing that if that cash made it through her front door it would soon be in her mother's wallet, I absolutely took her to the store! She bought two Bionicals, a set of action figures and candy for her, Felicia and Krissy. She got the candy for her sisters without my even having to suggest it. Very thoughtful little girl.

No comments: