Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dino Land


Emily wanted to visit the dinosaurs for her birthday treat so today I took her and her sisters to Union Station to see the very cool dinosaur exhibit. We then hit Science City and on the way home, T-Rex for more dinosaur fun. I mentioned to the waitress while we were ordering desert that it was Emily's birthday so they brought out the desert (a smoking Chocolate Extinction) and sang her happy birthday. She was so embarrassed! I loved it. An expensive day out but so worth building those memories for them.

It dawned on me while I was watching Emmi and Krissy play around the water fountain at The Legends that Susanna would probably love to be able to give her kids what I do. I think even if they did have more money she wouldn't because Gregg would break her down and stop her from trying. Maybe she'll be able to indulge her grandchildren. Maybe.

Tomorrow all the Weissenbachs, Susanna's girls and Tom and his family are coming over to watch the Chiefs game. What was suppose to be a simple get-together-and-do-something with Scott turned into a major ordeal. Lots of money, lots of time has gone in to this. Those Weissenbachs always want to get together at someone else's house. I've been to Scott's house twice (in the 12 years they've been married) and Todd's house maybe 3 times (in the 15 years they've been in their house). They've all been over here at least 6 times, probably more. I don't get it.

I have a big busy day tomorrow so I am hitting the hay. 'Night!

No comments: