Sunday, August 8, 2010

School Supplies

So I took Emily and Krissy to K-Mart for school supplies, shoes and a few outfits. The items on the supplies list were a bit insane - why does EVERY kindergartner need to take in FOUR boxes of 16-count Crayola crayons?!?! A bit excessive. Emily got two outfits and Krissy got three and all told, it cost about $230! Throw in a pair of boots for Felicia and some kitty litter and M&Ms for me and I ran up a $285 bill - at K-Mart! There is no way Susanna could have gotten the stuff on the supplies list (much less clothes for the girls). What would she have done?

I also booked our week-end at Great Wolf Lodge for September. It's not going to be much of a vacation, but this summer has been odd, what with the surgery and recovery. I got a room that has a cabin inside for the girls (their own bunk beds, TV, Nintendo game) and an electric fireplace for me. So I could have gone cheaper but decided we only go maybe once every three years so I might as well make it a fun week-end.

Shawn and I are suppose to be heading to Weston and Pirtle's Vineyard this afternoon. We haven't been in months. Although I have to be careful because I'm still on pain killers, I think I can have one glass of wine and be OK; especially since my last dose of pills was 7:00 last night and I don't plan on taking more until this evening. The nurses told me at the hospital that an occasional glass of wine would not harm me. Looking forward to spending an afternoon with Shawn!

No comments: