Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

I don't know if we've gotten into double-digit temperatures all week! It's been killer-cold. We're suppose to be seeing more normal temperatures next week - sad when 32 sounds heavenly!

I took Felicia to see her movie Avatar last night. It was a pretty decent flick, although totally predictable. Guess people don't go to that one for the storyline. But I enjoyed the movie (and the Applebees) and I know Felicia was grateful to get out of the house. Poor kid, I do pray for her. Her parents sure gave her an incredibly raw deal.

It's another year so it's time to make some resolutions. I've decided I'm going to eat healthier, rather than try to lose weight. I figure if I eat healthier, I'll lose weight anyway so it will be a win-win. And of course I want to pay down debt but I also want to increase wealth so my focus will shift from paying every penny I can toward debt to giving debt a big chunk of change but not all of it. And, I'm really going to work on convincing myself I'm worth the effort-the effort to look and feel good, the effort to be fulfilled and the effort to be loved. I don't so much as put myself on the backburner for others than convince myself I'm not worth anyone's effort, my own effort included. That needs to change. And rather than resolve to find more couple time with Shawn, I'm going to resolve to find more fun time for me, whether that includes Shawn-time or not. Maybe it will include family time or volunteer time or something. So kind of the same-old-same-old resolutions but from different angles than in the past.

No comments: