Monday, September 14, 2009

Almost Lost Another One

Maybe cats don't like my house. I had to go hunt down Mo-Mo Sockie this morning when he disappeared. Found him at the end of the street, or rather he found me. I called and called and he finally came up from the wooded area meowing and panting. I carried him home, he slept for several hours, I let him and Curly Monkey out back and Mo took off again! I called and called, walked the street for him - nothing. I thought I had lost another kitten. On my way upstairs after dark, I glanced out the front door and saw him roaming the street. Tiger Lily was out there, too, so I assume he was hanging with his Mama. I opened the door and Tiger Lily came running in but Mo wasn't in as much of a hurry. I had to go get him... again! He's not going out tomorrow! I can't take the stress.

I have about half my Christmas shopping already done. Granted none of it is big stuff, but it's stuff I can wrap and make people feel special and that's what it's all about, right? I need to still get the Hunt kids' ornaments and a few things for Shawn (and George, I need to get him) but otherwise I think I'm done. Now I just have to wait for it all to show up at the door (I ordered everything online!) It's a good start!

I told Tom I am not in a position to host any kind of welcome home party for him. I can't afford to rent a hall and I'm not sure holding a gathering outside on October 31 is really a smart idea. He said not to worry about it - he would have Kathey check into getting their church hall. Aunt Bobbie wondered why he wanted a party at all - I assume it's for the attention. Look what a good citizen I am, going off to war. Come worship me. I think it's probably a bit inappropriate to have a big party when one of his kids is in lock-up and another is facing assault charges. He should be more focused on getting his family in order rather than getting accolades. But, who am I?

No comments: