Friday, September 13, 2013

Change of Mind

I'm not real sure how it happened, but I changed my mind about not applying for the Content Writer position. I thought I had everything figured out - switch to processing and continue to work from home, take an online course in Project Management, do some volunteer work to pad the resume and in the Spring start looking for a job. But Melissa kind of coerced me into deciding to throw my name in the hat. She said she would do it if I would do it and I think she really wanted to apply but was afraid to take the leap alone. So, I'm jumping with her. I ultimately asked myself the question 'if I was in the office would I apply' and I knew I would without hesitation. If the drive was the only thing holding me back, that probably wasn't a good enough reason. Besides, after the initial roll out, I would have the option to remote from home two days a week. With Shawn off Wednesday, that would mean Bailey would have only two days a week without someone to take him on a mid-day walk. He can survive that.

So Tuesday I go talk first with my manager and then with the manager the position falls under. Either way, my job is changing - whether I process from home or manage a program from the office. 

And I can still follow my plan to take the course, put in volunteer time and research jobs closer to home.

As so many people say, God's will be done.

No comments: