Friday, June 7, 2013

Leaving On A Jet Plane

Just checked in for my morning flight to Washington DC. Excited about going but a bit nervous about flying alone - I've only ever done that once before. I will be fine, I know, but still it will be a different experience.

I have to get up at 4:00 to get to The Spot around 5:00 and to the terminal by 5:15. The flight leaves at 7:30. I know that's a lot of down time, especially for Kansas City, but with my bionic knee, I never know how long it's going to take to get the pat down. Better safe and have time to kill than sorry and have to rebook!

Wonder what we will do next week. I confirmed Falls Church is on the rail so realistically I could take the girls to the city every day. Maybe I will, though Dan says they are having too much fun at the pool in the community. But maybe a few days at least. I want to see the Zoo this time around and if I can get back to the WWII Monument - I really liked that one. And the American History museum with Dorothy's ruby slippers, Fonz's leather jacket and Archie's armchair.

Prayers for a safe trip.

No comments: