Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday,Sweet 16

Ana had her 16th birthday party today - at my house. Not sure why she wanted it here but I suspect it was so she wouldn't have to do any prep work (aka housework). Can't say that I blame her there! I certainly didn't mind hosting it as I am pretty good at that and it forces me to do my own neglected chores to get the house ready! It all went off without a hitch and I think Ana had a good time. The house was full of teen-agers and that was kind of different - guess I should get used to it as the kids transition to that stage.

Tomorrow is my last Big Monday - I've been working 10-hour Mondays for 8 years but beginning next week, I switch over to a Big Thursday. I was so glad my manager agreed to let me keep a 'Big' day in exchange for a shortened Wednesday (and to work a split schedule on my Infusion Wednesdays). I didn't care too much which day was going to be my 10-hour one and Thursday is already a rotten day for me so why not add to the rottenness? This week is also my last flex week - next week we go to set schedules. Hate that but what can I do? I need the money!

Speaking of money, we were notified Friday that we are getting a SECOND surprise bonus on Tuesday! ACI has been in court with JPM for a few years (I think) as they separated partnership and I guess ACI was awarded money so the Execs decided to spread the good news (and cash) to us! Wow - I can always use a bonus!

I sent Susanna a letter Friday asking if I could take the girls to Disney late September/early October like I had promised Kristen I would. I don't expect them to say yes but at least when Krissy asks me in 20 years why I never took her (and I took her sisters), I can say I saved for it and I asked her parents and they said no.

No comments: