Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy 2011

So, we're expecting a snow storm to begin tonight and go all thru tomorrow, letting up Tuesday morning. Sucks for Shawn. Fortunately for me, I don't have to go anywhere or do anything outside the house. But I will worry over Shawn the whole time he's on the road. And it's only the first half of January - it's going to be a long cold winter.

Got the rest of our windows replaced (well, not the basement - we'll do those when we finish the basement). I don't particularly like the look of the new ones, I don't think we'll be able to put the wood blinds back up (and I REALLY like those) and it's costing us $8,000. All for windows. Even if they do end up saving us money with heating and cooling, it's going to take as long for those things to 'pay for themselves' as it will take to pay off the house! Hmm, wonder if we did the right thing in replacing them.

I have overtime most of this month. It's only three hours a week mandatory but I can put in more if I want. I don't want, but read the previous paragraph and understand that I will. Between windows, credit cards, Disney trip and maybe a new car - I need all the money I can get!

No comments: