Monday, September 6, 2010

Laboring on Labor Day

I went from a three-day week-end to working all week-end! How did that happen?!?! Guess I wanted the boss to think of me as a team player so when the call went out to work (with a floating holiday), I answered. Good for me - and dumb for me! I could have used the time off. (But I sure knocked out a lot of letters!)

Shawn and I went to Holy-Field Winery yesterday for the first time. It was full of folks who had helped 'bring in the harvest'; we were the only ones actually drinking wine! And what wine it was! As normal we split a bottle but this was some potent stuff. We got more than tipsy off it. However, when we went in to buy some bottles to take home, they inadvertently gave us twice the order and we were snookered enough to not notice till we got home. So we hit our own 'buy-one-get-one-free' sale on some very good wine!

We have a busy October lining up - a four-day trip to Vegas, a week-end at Basswood RV (in our own cabin this time) and a two-day trip to the Omaha Zoo. Nothing huge or fancy but enough fun things to make it feel like a real vacation for Shawn. Now we just have to figure out how to pay for it all!

No comments: