Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Another Sick One

Just when I get one cat well again, another one gets hit with something. I nursed Cujo through an eye infection, then nursed Mo through a tummy ache and now I have one hurt Cujo. She is limping so badly on her hind right leg that I finally took her in to the vet after watching her limp around for three days. The doctor couldn't find anything broken (thank goodness) but agreed Cujo was in pain. Usually cats will hide their pain as a defensive mechanism and Cujo hurt so much she couldn't hide it. She cried and growled and hissed as the doctor moved her injured leg around. It was determined it is her hip but x-rays show no break. Somehow she just managed to sprain it real severely. She got a shot for the pain and I have pain drops to sneak to her if she needs them and she is to take it easy for a few days. Which means the boys have to stop chasing her (I wonder if Mo's chasing is what hurt her to start with.) My poor baby girl.

I have Susanna's girls and Tom and family coming over Saturday for an Egg Hunt/Basket Search. I have the baskets and eggs ready to go but still need to come up with clues for the Search. Five clues for each kid, five kids... that's a lot of clues. Guess I'll be doing that tomorrow. I also have to clean house - it smells to high heaven of cat spray (thanks, Mo!) Fifi is coming over Friday to help me shampoo the carpets.

It never ends.

No comments: