Monday, December 21, 2009

13 years

So it was 13 years ago yesterday that I lost my Princess Leia Hunt. I miss her as much today as I did 13 years ago. I am now surrounded by cats - I wonder what she would make of that! She never had much use for cats, but I find them entertaining.

I called in sick today - and I am! I've been sick since Wednesday evening with this horrid cough that I get. Friday it came with a fever, too. I'll work tomorrow but I'm not sure how much I'll get done. I predict I'll be too busy coughing to get very many letters done. I'm sure I picked this up last week-end when Charlie and I took the girls out. Either from the concert hall or the restaurant. Remind me to use hand sanitizer!!! It is miserable to be sick the week of Christmas.

I'm going to have to make my new year resolutions soon. I failed them miserably this year. The resolutions will be the same as always - lose weight, pay down bills and plump up savings, more couple time with Shawn. And none of it will happen - well, maybe the weight because I would be insane to go into my summer surgery overweight and with high blood pressure. Just once I would like to have a new year resolution that calls for more traveling, belly laughs and indulgences. Only if I ever win a big lottery!

No comments: