Friday, December 12, 2008

Table for Two

George called asking if I wanted to take him out and feed him. I did. I don't mind doing it right now but that game could get old pretty quick. He says he's looking for a job and I have to believe him, I know this is the worst possible time to be unemployed, but... Anyway, we went to Culvers for a fairly cheap meal (if $20 is cheap).

I had Tom's four kids over for the night last week-end. They were suppose to be here at 4:00 so we could catch the town's Christmas parade and fireworks - they showed up at 6:00, sat in front of the TV and didn't blink until I sent them to bed. They were back up and in front of the TV before I got up in the morning. I fed them and took them home. Not really what I was hoping for when I invited them over. They have an obsession with TV; that's all they want to do. Next time I will pick them up and take them someplace then take them home. Can't watch TV when there isn't one!

Tomorrow I head to Lee's Summit for a cookie exchange. It's going to take me an hour to get there and an hour to get home. All for cookies. But the lady having the party is a well-liked coworker of mine and she's excited about having the gathering. And I'm sure I will enjoy it once I get the drive over with! I'll have to remember to Map Quest directions before I head out!

This is the 12th and we've had exactly one Christmas card. I sent mine out two weeks ago. People just don't send cards like they used to. I only sent 16 myself. I've stopped sending cards to people who only send them to me when they get mine and it's the only time I hear from them all year. In a few more years I won't get a card at all!

No comments: