Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sick Cats

Two out of four cats are sick - one, Mysterious, is very sick. He and Cujo are both feeling icky. Cujo is kind of up and moving, drinking water at least. Myster has gone from under the bed to my lap, back under the bed and is now in Shawn's hamper. He hasn't eaten, had anything to drink or used the litter box all day. If he is still like this tomorrow, it's off to the vet. $200 I"m sure, but I will definitely pay it if they can make him feel better (and ensure it's nothing more than a tummy ache or a cold or something). I hate when my babies get sick; they look so unhappy and I can't really help them too much. Poor babies. I highly suspect it's from the Purina Cat Chow I have for Tucker and the outside friends. Tucker will ONLY eat Purina and the other cats prefer it, even though I know it makes Cujo sick and I suspect it makes Myster sick. Tiger Lily seems to be able to eat anything and be OK. I try to keep the 'bad' food away from Cujo but I'm not very successful, and I haven't kept it from Myster at all. I have to do better for them.

I bought some of Shawn's Christmas gifts. Hopefully they won't just end up in the closet or a drawer somewhere, unused, unwanted and forgotten. I'm not very good at getting him things. When all he does is watch TV and play poker with his friends, there's not a whole lot he needs or uses. I've tried to get him things to get him interested in a hobby or activity but it's never really worked. And he won't make a list out for me; he always just says, 'don't get me anything'. And that would make me feel useless. He knows I have to get him SOMETHING. He's a hard one to shop for.

No comments: