Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Workman's Comp

For almost two weeks I've had these horrible sharp pains in my right shoulder and bruised-feeling spots on my right forearm. My first thought was RA but decided that wasn't it because it didn't hurt to lift my arm - I just keep getting these awful stabbing pains. So then I decided it's cancer and I'm going to have my right arm chopped off. Took a few days trying to figure out how I was going to manage my hair with only one arm. Then I realized the pain are cramps - my arm is cramping. Instantly thought MS. That brought me to tears. I Googled MS symptoms and the only ones I had were fatigue (common for all autoimmune sufferers and my lack of sleep due to cats walking on me all night) and the cramping, though Google said cramping is usually in the legs (and I know Mom's was.) So I talked myself away from that cliff. Then as I was working yesterday, I realized what it was - my job. I am now using the trackball 7 hours a day, resting my arm on the arm of the chair. I have pinched nerves- I'm practically positive. I have an appointment with a doctor on Monday but I'm thinking I will be filling out workman's comp paperwork. I sure hope the doctor can help me because this is pain is so sharp it takes my breath away.

I sure miss my Correspondence job.

No comments: