Sunday, July 21, 2013

Raining Babies

Ana called Wednesday - the paternal grandmother is angry at Ana for not giving the baby daddy joint custody of Eva so she renigged on her offer to host a baby shower. Ana had already put out the word - she wanted to know if I would host it. Three days. We decided to move the venue from La Mesa (they charged $80 for the room - no food) to my house. I have been moving nonstop for three days. I really couldn't afford to throw this party (I REALLY couldn't afford to!) but felt I had no option. Tom and Kathey weren't going to step up and Ana was obviously overwhelmed at having to plan a party herself. And she shouldn't have to throw her own baby shower. So - - - it all turned out well (until the bills come in) and I got a lot of complements on the party and the house in general. But I've decided that will be the last party I throw for that family - Ana's Sweet 16, Andrea's Graduation and now Eva's Shower. That's enough.

No comments: