Sunday, March 3, 2013

Family Drama

So Tom sent an email to the family at large telling everyone how hard they've had it for the last 7 years. They are out of money, out of time and out of hope. Michael is locked away till the end of April, Ana is pregnant, Andrea is starting to slack again in school and the only positive thing they could say about Alex is he's going to be an Eagle Scout (which is more Kathey's accomplishment than his.) That is one messed up family.

I've been trying to find the courage to ask Shawn a question all day - I never did. I guess maybe on Wednesday. I have to ask him if he's thinking about divorce and, if so, what stage he's in - eminent, inevitable or eventually. I am almost to inevitable. I just don't know how much longer I can hang on with his drinking - it's getting worse month by month. And the one thing I can count on when he's drunk is that he will be unpredictable and that's not a good thing to count on. I'm pretty sure he will tell me that, yes, he is thinking about it.

George is going to go thru with the marriage 'for Piper's sake' though I told him Piper needs a stressfree environment and if that means separate houses for Mom and Dad, then that's what it means. But he is so obsessed with that child that he is going to do whatever he needs to to keep her in his day-to-day life. He keeps saying he wants to do what's best for Piper but the truth is, he wants to do what's best for him, and having Piper with him every day is best for him, regardless of the condition of the home life. To be honest, he's going to have a real hard time sending her to school when the time comes. He is pulling a 'John.'

Mo and Curly's birthday is next week - they will be four. Can't believe it's only been three four. I can't say anything to Shawn about it because he will respond, 'well, they are old enough to fend for themselves' and he'll dump them in a field some place. So, I will have a quiet celebration when he's not looking. Sad that I have to do that.

No comments: