Thursday, April 8, 2010

Broken Hearted

I lost Cujo Kitten Hunt-Weissenbach on Easter Sunday. She had been sick for a few weeks and I kept taking her in. First we thought she had injured her hip - a week later she started throwing up and we thought it was a kidney stone. She got worse and worse, not eating for a week and only taking in water when I got it to her through a syringe, though you could tell she was hungry and thirsty. The vet was keeping her over the week-end to hydrate her and run some bloodwork. She called Sunday night to say we had lost her. They are doing an autopsy because the vet has absolutely no idea what the problem was. The thought of an autopsy is upsetting but I have the three boys and if there is something in the environment, I need to know so I can protect them. I took two days off work and cried and cried. I still cry at the drop of a hat (crying now) and I will always cry for her and for her sister Princess Leia.

I lost my Cujo Baby Cujo - and she wasn't quite 7.

No comments: