Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple Pie

I baked my first apple pie of the season today. Sweet yumminess! Now I have to either find someone to help me eat it or I eat the whole thing and get even fatter! Shawn may have one slice but that will be all he'll eat. Now if it was a pecan pie, that would be a horse of a different color!

Two weeks from tomorrow we'll be heading to Disney. Sometimes I really worry about my addiction to Disney World. For the money we are spending on going, we could have had a real nice trip someplace else, too. Someplace that would be new to us. But we keep getting drawn back to the Mouse. I wonder why that is.

Today is Charlie's birthday - big 4-0. If the Little Kids are starting to turn 40, I'm in some real trouble! That means 50 is just around the corner for me. I think 50 will be the last decade I'm fairly confident I'll see all the way through. And that's scary.

Just got my blood work results back from the life insurance folks. Everything is fine except my dumb triglyceride level. I just can't seem to get that down. I can't believe I am so addicted to sugar. I can't seem to stop eating the stuff, be it in candy or white bread/pasta/cereal. I'm heading into a storm and I can't seem to force myself to change course. I don't know what to do. I could try eating the way Shawn does but his cholesterol is high so that's no good, either. I wonder if some of my issue is a family trait. Sucks.

No comments: