Sunday, May 2, 2010

Time to Get Serious

It's time to get serious about losing weight. Friday I went to Slim-4-Life and signed up for a year program. Cost a fortune but it has to be cheaper than the drugs I'll be taking forever if I don't get a handle on the weight. They guarantee that I will lose 3 pounds a week if I follow the program - that will be 16 weeks. Kind of intimidating but at the same time, knowing in 16 weeks I will be back to fighting weight is exciting. I have to drive to Shawnee Mission Parkway THREE times a week, at least until I get the weight off and then I assume I can cut back to maybe twice a week during 'reintroduction to eating regular' and the maintain portion. I figure I can do this for a year then go back to Weight Watchers (pretty much for free) to maintain long term.

This plan has me taking a bunch of supplements. There is a fish oil supplement I told them I can't take because it reacts to one of my meds. I hope the other supplements don't have reactions. The biggie one is full of various herbs and Chinese stuff so I might need to do a little research on that one. It's all natural, but full of oriental stuff! But I feel good that I'm finally doing something serious about this weight. I have a long way to go with 16 weeks and 45 pounds but I'm at least on the road.

No comments: